I-95 is a convenient interstate that many in South Florida use as their primary source for going to and from work. Whether you live in Northern Palm Beach County or somewhere in South Miami, you are likely familiar with and often use the highway.
Residents of South Florida are also familiar with the problems associated with I-95. If you have ever been caught in traffic and stuck waiting hours for one or more accidents, you’ve probably wondered about your own safety.
IS I-95 SAFE TO DRIVE ON?
While we wouldn’t go so far as to call I-95 “unsafe,” it is responsible for a large number of car crash fatalities. In general, the state of Florida has the most car crash deaths per 100,000 people. Many of these accidents occur on I-95.
While auto accidents resulting in death are the most serious, there are also minor accidents that occur on I-95 in South Florida with even greater regularity. These can include everything from fender benders to more serious spin-outs, or even examples of vehicles rolling over. Whatever your situation, if you experienced a car crash injury while driving on I-95 in South Florida and you were not at fault, you need an experienced South Florida car accident lawyer to defend your interests.
If you or someone you know needs a car accident lawyer in Miami, Broward County, or the Palm Beaches, contact the experienced attorneys of Neufeld Law Firm today for a free, no-obligation consultation.
WHY ARE THERE SO MANY CAR CRASH DEATHS ON I-95?
While the precise reason for the large number of deaths that occur on I-95 is not completely understood, experts agree that many are caused or, at least, influenced by factors that are under the control of drivers. These can include:
- Driving Under the Influence: Driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol greatly increases your chances of hurting not only yourself but also other drivers. Whether you feel you are okay to drive because you “just had a few beers” or are desperate to get home regardless of the risks, it is necessary to understand that by driving under the influence you are not only jeopardizing your own safety, but also the safety of other innocent motorists. If you or someone you know was injured or killed by someone driving under the influence in South Florida, Neufeld Law Firm can help you pursue justice and secure the financial compensation you deserve.
- Not Wearing a Helmet: While it is perfectly legal in the state of Florida to drive a motorcycle without wearing a helmet, the practice is not recommended. Riding a motorcycle without protective headgear may give you style points, but it also puts you at far greater risk if you were to get into any kind of accident. Even a minor accident on a motorcycle can become a major or even life-threatening issue if you are involved without a helmet. If you were involved in a motorcycle accident on I-95 or elsewhere in South Florida, you reach out to an injury lawyer at Neufeld Law Firm.
- Not Wearing a Seatbelt: Similar to not wearing a helmet, not wearing a seatbelt while driving in a car or truck can turn seemingly minor accidents into major, even life-threatening catastrophes.
- Speeding: Speeding is yet another common cause of traffic accidents, not just along I-95, but everywhere in the country. Even if you feel you are an especially proficient driver, you should refrain from speeding, as driving aggressively and quickly can make your fellow drivers anxious and can have a negative influence on the overall flow of traffic.
- Lack of Road Maintenance: Poor road maintenance can cause a number of problems for drivers. Sometimes poor maintenance impacts the traction on the road, for example. It can also make seeing lane divisions harder for drivers. It’s important to always be particularly careful when you are driving along parts of I-95 that are poorly maintained.
- Obscured Signs: Unclear signs can cause rubbernecking. This often results in people getting rear-ended or worse.
- Poor Water Drainage: Sitting water spread across the highway is dangerous to drivers, as it can cause hydroplaning and other control problems.
- Potholes: Potholes are hard on car suspension and can also lead to a loss of driver control, which can cause major accidents.
- Slick Pavement or Asphalt: Overly slick pavement can result from a lack of proper maintenance or cleaning.
CONTACT NEUFELD LAW FIRM TODAY
If you or someone you know was involved in a car or truck accident while driving on I-95, you may be entitled to compensation. You should always reach out to a personal injury lawyer, even if you’re not sure whether you have a valid claim. The experienced car crash attorneys at Neufeld Law Firm can evaluate your case, advise you on your legal options, and work to get you financial compensation today. Contact us today to get started.
You Only Pay Legal Fees if We Win a Settlement
Neufeld, Kleinberg & Pinkiert, PA handles a variety of personal-injury cases. We understand that you are concerned about getting healthy, getting back to work, paying your bills and of course, being fully compensated for your loss. Contact us to start the path to wholeness from your injury today.Contact us for a free consultation