Finding a solution to road rage and reducing the number of car accidents caused by aggressive driving is an important mission in Aventura and surrounding areas. Catastrophic injuries and wrongful deaths occur daily because of preventable driving behaviors and aggressive driving decisions.
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration defines road rage as: an assault with a motor vehicle or other dangerous weapon by the operator or passenger(s) of one motor vehicle on the operator or passenger(s) of another motor vehicle caused by an incident that occurred on a roadway.
Symptoms of Road Rage and Aggressive Driving
- Condemnation or thoughts of violence towards other drivers
- Verbal abuse and condemnation of other drivers to the passengers in your car
- Dismissing traffic safety rules because you do not think they are important
- Aggressive or risky driving decisions; tailgating, swerving in-and-out of traffic, running traffic signals, etc.
- Excessive speeding
- Honking your horn excessively
- Flashing headlights at oncoming traffic or traffic in front of you
- Passing other drivers and then slowing down to aggravate them