How To Handle Getting Into A Car Accident | Neufeld Law Firm
When you get into an accident, it can be extremely scary. You may not know what to do right then and there because you’re still in shock. Contact Neufeld Law Firm today for experienced attorneys on your side.
Logo 305.931.6666
2641 NE 207 Street,Aventura, FL 33180
1102 S. Florida Avenue,Lakeland, FL 33803
80 S.W. 8th Street Suite 2000-B Miami, FL 33130
950 South Pine Island Road Suite 150-A Plantation, FL 33324
Close
YOU ONLY PAY IF WE WIN
305-931-6666 954-523-8292

How To Handle
Getting Into A Car Accident

How To
Handle Getting Into A Car Accident

Getting Into A Car Accident
By: Neufeld Kleinberg & Pinkiert, PA
Posted in: car accident lawyer

It’s tragic that many Americans have gotten into an accident at least once in their lifetime. It’s bound to happen even if you feel you feel that you are the safest driver on the road. Your real concern is watching out for the other drivers. Their negligence is completely out of your control. Even though it wasn’t your fault, now you have to deal with the consequences. It’s essential to know how negligence is handled in the state of Florida as well as mistakes people often make when they get into a car accident.

Negligence Rule

Florida operates under pure comparative negligence. This means if you had some fault in the accident, then your compensation will be limited by that amount. For example, you’re involved in an accident where the other driver rear-ended you. You can be found at fault partially if you were texting and driving. You may found 30% at fault for the car accident and the other driver could be found at 70% at-fault. Your compensation awarded may be $10,000 for damages, which include loss of wages, medical bills, or vehicle damage. The compensation you would receive would only be $7,000 because your percentage at fault (30%) was subtracted from the total compensation.

Mistakes to Avoid

When you’re involved in an accident, it’s essential to take as many pictures as you can. Most people have a smartphone they can do this with. Take pictures of the accident scene, damage to your car or other cars, and include things such as traffic signs. Take photos of any visible injuries you have. Videos may also help to strengthen your case.

Often times insurance companies may try to offer you a fast settlement. If you take the fast settlement you aren’t likely to get all the compensation you deserve. It may take you longer to heal than expected. You may need more compensation for medical bills. If you entered into a fast settlement then you won’t be able to get the compensation you deserve because you settled too early. You won’t be able to reopen the case later.

Make sure that you do not underestimate your injuries after the accident. You may feel fine and that you haven’t sustained severe injuries after the accident. Sometimes it can take hours or days for symptoms the present themselves. Insurance companies are keeping a close eye. If in an earlier statement you said that your injuries weren’t as severe as they are now, then you may not be compensated. You won’t get the money you deserve in order to recover fully.

When you get into an accident, it can be extremely scary. You may not know what to do right then and there because you’re still in shock. You may not have even caused the accident, but you still have to deal with it. The driving skills of the other driver have put you at risk. You may have even gotten injured off of their negligence. You don’t have to go through this whole thing alone. You need to focus on healing. You need an attorney who is an expert on car accident law. You need someone who will make sure you get the compensation you deserve. Contact Neufeld Law Firm today for an experienced car accident attorneys on your side. You only have to pay if they win your case. Call 305.931.6666 or 954.523.8292 for a free consultation. Or simply fill out this contact form.