As a major hub of transportation, business, and tourism, Miami visitors and residents often rely on taxis to get them where they need to go. A taxi offers convenient transportation between the airport, cruise terminals, and hotels. They also offer a backup for residents who don’t want to deal with parking or need a ride home after a vehicle breakdown or a night on the town. However, taxi accidents occur in Miami, throughout the state, and throughout the nation. A Miami taxi accident lawyer can help you get the compensation you deserve if you have suffered injuries in an accident.
Have You Been Injured in a Taxi Accident in Miami?
If you have suffered injuries in a Miami taxi accident, you should not have to suffer the financial burden that often accompanies accident injuries. It’s in your best interest to contact an experienced Miami taxi accident lawyer to determine the best course of action for your circumstances. A Miami taxi accident lawyer helps car accident victims recover compensation for damages, such as medical expenses, lost wages, and pain and suffering.
Common Types of Taxi Accident Injuries
Those involved in a taxi accident face various potential injuries similar to any other type of car accident. Types of taxi accident injuries vary based on the speed at which the accident occurred and the passenger’s location. Examples of common types of taxi accident injuries include:
- Whiplash and other soft tissue injuries, such as sprains, strains, and tears, because of the impact of the crash
- Traumatic brain injuries from direct or indirect trauma to the head
- Internal injuries, sometimes including organ damage and bleeding
Who Is Responsible for a Taxi Accident Injury?
Many automatically assume their taxi driver is responsible for injuries after a taxi accident. Indeed, taxi drivers can be accountable for taxi accident injuries, but they are not automatically at fault. If you file a taxi accident claim, your lawyer might advise you to name one or more of the following parties:
- Taxi driver
- Taxi owner/cab company
- City of Miami, Miami-Dade County, State of Florida, or other government entity
- Another motorist
- Auto manufacturer
Over 100+ Combined Years
Of Personal Injury Law Experience.
Choose A Team Of Lawyers That Know How To WIN
What Are the Next Steps When Someone Is Injured in a Taxi Accident?
Assuming that you have been to the emergency room to receive medical treatment, the first step you need to take after a taxi accident is to file an insurance claim, if applicable. Florida, and a handful of other states, requires drivers to purchase a minimum amount of personal injury protection (PIP) insurance coverage to comply with their no-fault insurance laws. Florida PIP coverage typically applies to you if you are riding in another vehicle.
If you have PIP coverage, filing a claim with your carrier provides the chance to get a portion of your medical bills and lost wages covered. After a minor taxi accident, you might not need to take further action because of your PIP coverage. However, if you do not have PIP coverage or you exceed your coverage limit, it’s best to consult with an experienced Miami taxi accident attorney.
Other steps you should take after a taxi accident injury include:
- Keep all bills and receipts related to your taxi accident injuries to give your lawyer.
- Keep a daily journal describing the physical and emotional aspects of your injuries to give your lawyer and other relevant parties insight into how your taxi accident injuries have impacted your life.
- Keep all doctor appointments and follow doctors’ orders regarding treatment and therapy.
Finding The Right Miami Taxi Accident Lawyer For You
Serving all of the beautiful Southern and Central Florida areas, we have won over $100,000,000 in jury verdicts and settlements for our injured clients. Neufeld Law Firm has over 100+ combined years of personal injury law experience. Our Miami taxi accident attorneys are highly experienced and will help you win FULL & FAIR COMPENSATION. We want to help you focus on getting healthy, getting back to work, paying your bills, and most importantly, being compensated!
- NEVER Pay A Fee Until We Win Your Case
- Highly Experienced & Professional Representation
- Start Your Claim Off With A FREE Case Evaluation
- Get Back To NORMAL — As Soon As Possible!
Pursue Maximum Compensation In Your Taxi Accident Case Today!
Contact Us To Book A Consultation