Miami, Florida – Truck Accident Lawyer
Given their size, it’s no surprise that trucks are capable of causing devastating accidents. Anyone on the receiving end of a truck accident in Miami is likely to suffer a catastrophic injury or extensive damage to their vehicle. This means they’ll need medical attention, as well as an experienced Miami truck accident lawyer.
Aggressively Fighting for Your Interests
If you are lying in a hospital bed or injured at home, the last thing you want to worry about is paying your bills or other financial considerations. That is where a Miami truck accident lawyer comes in. Our experienced attorneys will aggressively fight for your interests and get you the compensation you deserve.
Over 100 Years of Combined Experience
At Neufeld Law Firm, we have more than 100 combined years of experience representing injured clients. Our experience partnering with trusted medical professionals gives us a clear understanding of victims’ injuries and how they may impact the rest of their lives. These types of injuries ultimately cost a great deal of money, not to mention the emotional toll they can exact.
In 2005, Neufeld Law Firm represented a client who was hit by a large truck hauling automobiles. The accident resulted in devastating injuries. We pursued just compensation and were able to receive a $25 million jury verdict in Miami.
Ensuring Your Financial Stability
A Miami truck accident lawyer will aggressively pursue every legal avenue to ensure your financial stability through these challenging times. Most importantly, you don’t need to worry about hidden fees or unexpected costs when we represent you—we work on a contingency fee basis, meaning that we don’t get paid until we secure your compensation.
Common Causes of Truck Accidents in Miami
Truck drivers are under a great deal of pressure to deliver their loads quickly. If they can complete a run before the expected delivery date, they stand to make more money. With this motivating them, it is no wonder that some drivers let safe driving techniques fall by the wayside.
Accidents can be caused by many factors, including driver fatigue, speeding, and other unsafe behaviors.
Impaired driving encompasses a range of dangerous behaviors, including driver fatigue and driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs. Driver fatigue is a significant safety violation that often leads to truck accidents. While regulations are in place to prevent drivers from being on the road for extended periods, some drivers and companies disregard these rules in pursuit of higher profits.
Driving Under the Influence
Driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol is irresponsible and hazardous for any driver, but it is especially concerning when a truck driver is involved. Due to their large size, trucks can cause significant damage, making driving under the influence even more dangerous. Truck drivers, as professionals, are expected to maintain a clear mind while on the road, but unfortunately, this is not always the case.
Distracted driving, particularly from texting while driving or adjusting electronic devices like radios or GPS systems, is another leading cause of truck accidents in Miami. Even a brief moment of distraction can lead to devastating consequences. For instance, reading an average text message can take a driver’s eyes off the road for five seconds – more than enough time to cause a catastrophic accident.
Pressure to Meet Delivery Deadlines
Truck drivers often face intense pressure from their employers to meet tight delivery schedules. Some companies prioritize profit over safety and may encourage drivers to push the limits, leading to exhausted and overworked drivers on the road.
Over 100+ Combined Years
Of Personal Injury Law Experience.
Choose A Team Of Lawyers That Know How To WIN
Speeding is an extremely dangerous behavior for truck drivers, as their large trailers can make trucks unstable and prone to causing accidents. Even in smaller vehicles, speeding can result in serious injuries, but the risk is amplified with trucks. At Neufeld Law Firm, we hold reckless truck drivers accountable for their actions, and we are determined to secure fair compensation for victims of speeding-related truck accidents.
Truck Load Issues
Truckload limits are crucial for maintaining safe handling and maneuverability. Exceeding weight limits can make a truck challenging to control, increasing the risk of accidents. Unbalanced loads can also lead to accidents by causing trucks to tip over or impede the driver’s ability to stop and turn. Neglecting load limits is a common cause of truck accidents in Florida. If you have been injured in an accident involving a truck with improperly loaded cargo, contact Neufeld Law Firm to protect your rights and seek compensation.
More than other vehicle types, trucks must maintain proper stopping distance at all times. Failure to do so can result in catastrophic injury. If you or someone you know was rear-ended by a truck, call the personal injury attorneys at Neufeld Law Firm today.
Essential safety equipment, such as lights and horns, play a crucial role in the safe operation of every truck. Improper lighting or broken safety equipment can contribute to accidents and may be grounds for a lawsuit. At Neufeld Law Firm, we are dedicated to holding responsible parties accountable for accidents caused by neglected safety equipment.
How a Miami Truck Accident Lawyer Can Help
Semi-truck accidents can have devastating results for you and your loved ones. Our attorneys work as a team to ensure you receive the finest representation in a court of law and secure the compensation to which you are entitled. It is important to work with a law firm that has the experience and knowledge necessary to address trucking litigation issues.
For example, a qualified Miami truck accident lawyer lawyer will know that truck drivers’ log books can be falsified. Sometimes there are two sets of logbooks—the actual trucking logbook and one that might be colloquially referred to as the comic book or joke book. Given the recent switch to government-mandated Electronic Logging Devices, we expect to see a decrease in falsified driving records—but it’s also possible that truck drivers may find a way to hack these devices.
Your lawyer should be familiar with the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) regulations and how they impact your potential case and the responsibilities of truck drivers and commercial carriers.
Our firm will consider all potentially liable parties in your personal injury case. In addition to the driver, the motor carrier or employee leasing company who hired the driver may be liable. Often, the truck driver’s employment file will contain inaccuracies that were not properly vetted through the hiring company. There may also be undisclosed criminal records, driving safety violations, and other factors that can strengthen your case. In addition, the motor carrier has an obligation to make sure that their trucks are properly maintained and fitted with safety devices. Any violations will only add to your claim.
Gathering Vital Evidence
An experienced Miami truck accident lawyer will use various legal strategies to obtain vital evidence to support your claim. This may include:
- Taking the deposition of the motor carrier’s safety director and the truck driver to uncover evidence of fatigue, safety regulation violations, and other crucial details.
- Deposing motor carrier’s dispatchers, mechanics, accident reconstruction experts, and corporate representatives to gather additional evidence.
- Submitting motions to access the truck’s safety data and the company’s/driver’s historical safety records and delivery schedules.
- Obtaining EOBRD (Electronic On-Board Recording Device) downloads to get valuable information about the truck’s operation and driver’s behavior.
- Examining interstate truck tire tread depths and brake parts to determine if any equipment failures contributed to the accident.
Truck Accident-Related Injuries
Truck accidents can result in severe and life-changing injuries due to the sheer size and weight of these vehicles. If you or a loved one has been involved in a truck accident, it is crucial to be aware of the potential injuries that may occur. Some common truck accident-related injuries include:
- Traumatic Brain Injuries (TBIs): The impact of a truck collision can cause head injuries, ranging from concussions to more severe traumatic brain injuries. TBIs can have long-lasting effects on cognitive functions, memory, and overall quality of life.
- Spinal Cord Injuries: Truck accidents often result in spinal cord injuries, which can lead to partial or complete paralysis. These injuries may require extensive medical treatment and
- Bone Fractures: The force of a truck crash can lead to bone fractures, such as broken arms, legs, ribs, and pelvis. Fractures may require surgeries and prolonged periods of immobilization for healing.
- Internal Organ Damage: The impact from a truck accident can cause internal injuries, including damage to organs such as the liver, spleen, and kidneys. Internal injuries may not be
immediately apparent, making it essential to seek medical attention after an accident.
- Whiplash and Neck Injuries: The sudden jolt of a truck collision can cause whiplash and neck injuries, leading to pain, stiffness, and limited mobility.
- Burn Injuries: In truck accidents involving fire or explosions, occupants may suffer burn injuries, which can be painful and require extensive medical care.
- Amputations: Severe truck accidents may result in traumatic amputations, where limbs are partially or completely severed. Amputations have significant physical and emotional impacts on victims.
- Crush Injuries: Getting trapped in a collision can lead to crush injuries, which may cause damage to muscles, nerves, and tissues.
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD): Truck accidents can be traumatic experiences, leading to emotional distress and PTSD in survivors.
- Wrongful Death: Tragically, some truck accidents result in fatalities. In such cases, surviving family members may be entitled to file a wrongful death claim.
Miami Truck Accident Statistics
Well over 50,000 automobile and truck accidents occur every year in Miami. With that number sometimes rising well over 60,000,
truck accidents pose a real threat to drivers. A serious accident can cause life-threatening injuries or death, and you deserve legal representation that can fight for you.
Why Choose Neufeld Law Firm:
- Extensive Experience: With over 100+ combined years of personal injury law experience, our team of attorneys is well-equipped to handle even the most complex truck accident cases.
- Focused on Your Well-being: Our top priority is your well-being. We want to help you get through this challenging time by handling the legal complexities while you focus on healing, returning to work, and getting your life back on track.
- Full & Fair Compensation: A Miami truck accident lawyer from Neufeld Law will aggressively pursue every legal avenue to secure the full and fair compensation you deserve for your
injuries. We understand the financial toll and emotional impact that truck accidents can have, and we are committed to fighting for your rights.
- Compassionate and Supportive: We understand the stress and uncertainty that follows a truck accident. Our team will provide compassionate support and guidance throughout the legal process, ensuring you are informed and empowered every step of the way.
Don’t let the negligent actions of others go unpunished. Be strong with Neufeld Law on your side. Contact us today for a free consultation, and let us help you seek justice and the compensation you need to move forward. Remember, we work on a contingency fee basis, meaning you don’t pay us unless we win your case. Take the first step towards recovery and justice by reaching out to Neufeld Law Firm now.