At Neufeld Law Firm, we know that accidents in Hallandale come without warning, leaving you to deal with unexpected injuries and hardships. That’s why our dedicated team is committed to standing by your side, providing clear legal guidance and local insight to navigate the complex aftermath.
What Types of Incidents Can a Hallandale Personal Injury Attorney Assist Me With?
A Hallandale personal injury lawyer is a type of attorney who assists individuals who have been injured to obtain compensation for the expenses and quality-of-life impacts they incurred as a result of the injury. This process for obtaining compensation is known as a personal injury claim, or personal injury lawsuit. The types of accidents that commonly give rise to personal injury claims are:
Motor Vehicle Accidents
Our dedicated Hallandale personal injury lawyers are skilled in handling a variety of motor vehicle accidents, including those involving:
Premises Liability Accidents
If you’ve suffered due to negligence on someone else’s property, our lawyers are here to help. We handle cases related to:
- Slip and fall accidents
- Dog bites
- Swimming pool accidents
- Fire or flooding
- Elevator or escalator accidents
- Negligent security
Our expertise extends to injuries caused by defective products, including:
- Auto parts
- Children’s toys or furniture
Medical Malpractice Cases
We are well-equipped to handle medical malpractice cases involving injuries due to errors made by medical providers.
- Surgical errors
- Failure to diagnose
- Prescription and medication errors
- Defective medical equipment
- Improperly managing recovery periods
- Chiropractic Malpractice
Workplace/Construction Site Accidents
- Material handling/contact with objects and equipment (injuries include sprains, strains, and tears)
- Slips, trips, and falls
- Being struck by or colliding with an object
- Accidents involving tools
- Traumas occurring over time (trauma from non-impact and impact repetitive motions, over-exertion)
Nursing Home Neglect or Abuse
Our attorneys are skilled in addressing cases of neglect or abuse in nursing homes, and advocating for the rights of the elderly and vulnerable.
- Intentional emotional or physical harm
- Intentional acts that will likely lead to harm
- Actively encouraging others to physically or emotionally harm another
Wrongful Death Cases:
In the tragic event of wrongful death, our compassionate team is here to support you in seeking justice and compensation for your loss.
- Medical misdiagnosis
- Medical errors
- Wrong prescription
What are the Most Common Injuries?
Nearly any type of injury can be the subject of a personal injury lawsuit if it results in economic loss and psychological impacts. It is common for us to work with clients who have suffered injuries such as:
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Spinal cord injuries
- Damage to the spinal vertebrae or discs
- Internal injuries
- Limb amputations
- Broken bones
- Mental health conditions as a result of the trauma of the accident.
Mental health conditions as a result of the trauma of the accident.
There is another type of case that falls under the umbrella of personal injury, known as a wrongful death lawsuit. This type of claim allows a personal representative of the estate of an individual who died as a result of injuries incurred in an accident caused by someone else’s carelessness or recklessness to seek compensation for losses on behalf of the deceased’s family and his or her estate.
Do I Need a Hallandale Personal Injury Lawyer?
You need a Hallandale personal injury lawyer if:
- You were injured in or near Hallandale as a result of someone else’s recklessness or carelessness.
- Your injuries are significant enough to result in medical expenses, lost income, and psychological impacts such as pain and suffering.
- If you were injured in a car accident, your expenses have exceeded the limits of your personal injury protection (PIP) policy or have satisfied Florida’s serious injury threshold, which includes injuries that result in a significant and permanent loss of an important bodily function; a permanent injury to a reasonable degree of medical probability; significant and permanent scarring or disfigurement; or death.
- You need answers to the legal questions you have about your eligibility to file a personal injury or wrongful death claim.
- What Does the Personal Injury Process Look Like in Hallandale?
- While every case is unique in its facts and resolution, here are the steps you can expect in the personal injury process in Hallandale.
What Does the Personal Injury Process Look Like in Hallandale?
While every case is unique in its facts and resolution, here are the steps you can expect in the personal injury process in Hallandale.
Hire an Attorney
Be sure to hire an attorney licensed to practice law in Hallandale and who has ample experience with cases like yours.
You will need to prove not only how the accident occurred, but also show the expenses and impacts you are seeking to be compensated for. The type of evidence necessary to prove a personal injury claim often includes police reports, photos from the accident scene, documentation about the injuries sustained and the treatments received, and bills for services.
Demand for Settlement
Nearly all personal injury settlements and awards are paid by the at-fault party’s applicable insurance policy, such as an auto policy or a homeowner’s, renter’s, or commercial liability policy. Because of this, your attorney will send your demand for settlement to the at-fault party’s insurance provider. This typically begins settlement negotiations.
File Injury Lawsuit
If negotiations fail to produce a fair settlement offer, your attorney will file a legal claim in civil court against the at-fault party, along with his or her insurance provider for payment on the claim.
After the lawsuit is filed, your attorney will continue settlement negotiations, but will also begin preparing for trial, including requesting access to documentation held by the defendant as well as witness testimony through depositions.
Florida courts are often overburdened, and litigation is expensive for all parties involved. Because of this, before the case goes to trial, the parties will often meet for court-ordered mediation in an attempt to iron out a settlement agreement.
While most personal injury cases are resolved before trial, if your case does wind up in court, your attorney will provide litigation services such as:
- Delivering opening and closing arguments
- Presenting evidence
- Examining witnesses
- Top-Rated Hallandale Personal Injury Lawyer Near You
- Let an experienced Hallandale personal injury lawyer help you make sense of the legal process involved in obtaining compensation for your injuries.
What questions should I ask a Hallandale personal injury lawyer?
Hiring a Hallandale personal injury lawyer to represent you is an important decision. You want to make sure they are a good fit for you, and that they have the knowledge and experience necessary to be successful in your case. Here are a few questions you can ask a Hallandale personal injury lawyer when you first talk with them:
- What is your honest opinion of my case?
- Have you ever represented someone in a case similar to mine? What was the outcome?
- How long have you been practicing personal injury law in Hallandale?
- Who will I communicate with throughout the process?
- Based on what you know about my case, how long would you estimate it might take to get resolved?
- How do you assess your fees?
What falls under personal injury law?
In general, personal injury law covers anyone who was injured due to the negligence (or sometimes even intentional or reckless) actions of someone else. Some examples include car accidents, motorcycle accidents, dog bites, product liability, and medical malpractice.
Finding The Best Hallandale Personal Injury Lawyer
Serving all of the beautiful southern and central Florida areas, we have won over $100,000,000 in jury verdicts and settlements for our injured clients. Neufeld Law Firm now has over 100+ combined years of personal injury law experience. Our Hallandale personal injury lawyers are highly experienced and will help you win FULL & FAIR COMPENSATION for your and your injuries. We want to help you focus on getting healthy, getting back to work, paying your bills, and most importantly, being compensated! — Be STRONG with Neufeld Law.
- NEVER Pay A Fee Until We Win Your Case
- Highly Experienced & Professional Representation
- Start Your Claim Off With A FREE Case Evaluation
- Get Back To NORMAL — As Soon As Possible!
Pursue Maximum Compensation For Your Injury Today!
Contact Us To Book Your FREE Consultation
Nearby Cities in Hallandale, FL: Serving the Greater Broward County Area
Hallandale is centrally located in Broward County, Florida, and as a reputable personal injury law firm, we proudly serve not only Hallandale but also the surrounding cities. If you have sustained injuries in an accident in Hallandale or any of the nearby areas, our experienced team of personal injury lawyers is ready to assist you in seeking fair compensation for your injuries and losses. We understand the complexities of personal injury law and have successfully represented clients in various cities, including:
- Lauderdale Lakes
- Cooper City
- Fort Lauderdale
- North Lauderdale
- Wilton Manors
- Oakland Park
- North Andrews Gardens
- Dania Beach
- Pembroke Pines
- Coconut Creek
Our team of skilled attorneys has a deep understanding of the local laws and regulations in these areas and has successfully handled personal injury cases in each of these cities. We are committed to fighting for the rights of injured individuals and holding negligent parties accountable for their actions.
Contact Our Hallandale Personal Injury Lawyers
If you or a loved one has suffered injuries due to someone else’s negligence or reckless actions in any of these nearby cities, our law firm is here to provide compassionate support, valuable legal guidance, and aggressive representation. We will work tirelessly to secure the compensation you deserve, including medical expenses, lost wages, pain and suffering, and more.
Injured in Hallandale? Contact Neufeld Law today for your rightful compensation!