Miami Bus Accident Lawyer
Have You Been Injured In A Miami Bus Accident?
Neufeld Law Firm Is Proven To Help Victims Get A FULL & FAIR Compensation
Buses in Miami are EVERYWHERE. Connecting us to our beautiful shopping centers, entertainment areas, hospitals, workplaces, and schools — Many Floridians rely on these essential bus services every day.
A bus is classified in the US as a vehicle transporting nine or more passengers at one time. This generally includes school buses, transit buses, airport buses, intercity buses, and tour buses. While almost 90% of Florida residents live within close proximity to these services, even if you are not a passenger, you are likely to come into close contact with buses regularly.
With Miami-Dade County being one of the most populous cities in the US, our Law Firm has handled a generous amount of Miami bus accident cases over the years. We understand victims can be left with lost wages, medical bills, property damage, and long-lasting pain. Neufeld Law Firm wants you to focus on getting BACK TO NORMAL, while we pursue the compensation you are entitled to. If you’ve been involved in a bus, truck, boat, or any other type of car accident, choose a team of lawyers that know how to WIN.
What are some of the risks with a Miami bus accident?
A bus can be one of the safest methods of transportation… But they are not accident-free vehicles. With the sheer number of daily users, bus accidents can still be quite common occurrences. There are a number of unique risk factors in place that could lead to serious injury in a Miami bus accident:
- Large Vehicles - Due to the large size and weight of a bus, they can cause catastrophic damage at the scene of an accident and are even more likely to roll-over. Buses tend to have longer starting and stopping distances which can significantly reduce the vehicle’s response time to preventing an accident.
- Number of Passengers - Some buses can carry A LOT of passengers, often without the use of seatbelts. Although they are designed with the concept of “compartmentalization” to keep passengers safe while in their seats, depending on the nature of the accident, passengers can be bounced around inside the bus causing injury to themselves and others.
- Loose Objects - Buses are usually filled with loose objects - personal belongings, luggage, tools, and equipment can all become dangerous projectiles during an accident.
- Onboarding & Offloading - Most efficient bus routes will have frequent stop and start locations to facilitate any passengers’ travel. Many of these bus stops are in high traffic areas with crowds of pedestrians and vehicles that can result in an accident for anyone not paying close attention to passengers getting on and off the bus.
What do I do if I am involved in a Miami bus accident?
Being involved in a bus accident can be VERY confusing for anyone involved. These accidents can quickly escalate into hazardous HIGH TRAFFIC situations involving personal injury and property damage. Victims are often unsure of who to contact, what information is needed, and ultimately what to do in these situations.
1. Assess The Scene Of The Accident
Always make sure the scene is SAFE! — If there are ANY injuries whatsoever the police MUST be contacted. The authorities will call all necessary medical resources for anyone injured.
- Passengers on the bus can expect to be given proper directions by the bus driver.
- If you are driving another vehicle involved in the bus accident, move out of the roadway if possible.
You will need to remain at the scene of the accident, or in safe proximity until the authorities arrive to complete a police report. Note the officer's name, and badge number to help you easily obtain your report once it's filed.
2. Get Information From Anyone Involved
Next, you should gather as much information from those involved as possible. This includes the drivers of any vehicles, passengers of the bus, or any others who may have witnessed the accident. Witness statements can prove to be extremely beneficial when building your claims. As a driver of any vehicle involved in the accident, you are required to share your insurance information with all other parties.
3. Document The Scene
Got a mobile phone? Take pictures of the accident. Record the location the accident happened at, any property damage, any injuries that were incurred. Take pictures of license plates and insurance cards for quick reference when completing your statements. A time-stamped photo could be an important piece of evidence that helps win your case.
4. Seek Medical Attention
Your injury may not hurt immediately — Pain could set in hours, days, or even weeks after the initial accident. Even if your injuries were not severe enough to be taken to the hospital from the accident, you should always VISIT A DOCTOR right away to document any injuries for your report.
5. Contact An Experienced Miami Bus Accident Lawyer
BEFORE you speak to any third-party insurance companies your next phone call should be to an experienced Miami bus accident lawyer. Neufeld Law Firm will fight to get you a FULL & FAIR compensation. Choose the lawyers who have helped hundreds of clients win claims for auto accidents, trucking accidents, boating accidents, and personal injuries in Florida.
Over 100+ Combined Years Of Personal Injury Law Experience
Choose A Team Of Lawyers That Know How To WIN
Frequently Asked Questions
How do bus accidents work in a no-fault state like Florida?
In a no-fault state passengers of a bus accident must first file a claim through their own insurance company for coverage. If the cost of damages is not covered by your policy, you may be able to pursue additional compensation from the driver or bussing company.
What are the common causes of bus accidents?
Buses share busy roadways with many other drivers and types of vehicles. Some of the most common causes of Miami bus accidents are:
- Distracted drivers
- Negligent bus drivers
- Poor bus maintenance
Do I need a lawyer for a Miami bus accident?
Were you or anyone else injured in the bus accident? Was there property damage? Bus accidents can be highly complicated cases involving numerous passengers, other drivers, and insurance companies. If you are concerned with protecting your rights and receiving the MAXIMUM compensation for your injuries, we strongly recommend you contact an experienced lawyer.
You Only Pay Legal Fees If We Win Your Settlement
—Contact A Miami Bus Accident Lawyer Today!
Serving all of the beautiful southern and central Florida areas, we have won over $100,000,000 in both jury verdicts and settlements for our injured clients. Neufeld Law Firm now has over 100+ combined years of personal injury law experience. Our Miami bus accident lawyers are highly experienced and will help you win FULL & FAIR COMPENSATION for your injuries. We want to help you focus on getting healthy, getting back to work, paying your bills, and most importantly, being compensated! — Be STRONG with Neufeld Law
- NEVER Pay A Fee Unless We Win Your Case
- Highly Experienced & Professional Representation
- Start Your Claim Off With A FREE Case Evaluation
- Get Back To NORMAL... As Soon As Possible
Get The Maximum Compensation For Your Miami Bus Accident Today!
Contact Us To Book Your FREE Consultation