Car Accident FAQs

After a severe car accident, you may have questions and concerns. Consult these FAQs to find out what to do, how to prepare, and where to turn after a car accident.

What Should I Do After a Car Accident?

To get proper compensation after a car accident, you will want to take swift action and be sure to follow these steps:

Get medical help if needed.

Exchange insurance and personal contact information with the other driver.

Get witness statements.

Document the scene with notes and photographs.

Be careful not to admit guilt to anyone (police, the other driver, witnesses, etc.).

Save all medical bills and documentation of injury.

Should I Contact the Police After a Car Accident?

Many states require you to report a car accident to the police. However, it’s also crucial in a personal injury case that you have an official police report with details about the accident. It can also help with insurance claims. Therefore, report even minor accidents to local law enforcement.

What Information Should I Gather After the Car Accident?

It’s essential to document everything about the crash as quickly as possible after the accident. Some of the things to write down include:

1. The driver’s name, address, phone number, driver’s license number, etc.

2. The other car’s license plate number, manufacturer, make, model, and color.

3. The weather conditions.

4. Road conditions (debris in the road, etc.).

5. Witnesses’ contact information and statements.

6. Every day after the accident, keep notes about your injury, pain, and symptoms. Jot down details about sleep patterns, anxiety, and other effects of the accident.

What are My Options for Compensation After a Car Accident?

Depending on where you live and the circumstances of the car accident, your options for compensation may vary widely. However, some of your options are:

File a claim with the other driver’s insurance company.

File a claim with your own insurance company for medical assistance for injuries sustained in the accident.

If the other driver doesn’t have insurance, and you have “uninsured motorist” coverage, you can file a claim for that.

You might have the option to file a “third-party car insurance claim” as well.

You may have a case to file a lawsuit against the other party if they are at fault. Their insurance company may pay for damages.

How Long Will It Take to Get My Car Accident Settlement or Finish My Case?

There is no set timeline for cases like these. Every situation is different, some may be resolved quickly without incident, and others may take more time.

What Do I Have to Prove to Win My Car Accident Case?

Typically, you must prove that the other driver was at fault for the accident and that you were utterly fault-free. Sometimes, this can be tricky to prove, and it’s helpful to have a trusted, reliable attorney working with you.

Contact Neufeld Law Firm today for help with your car accident case.

Over 100 Years of Combined Personal Injury Experience in Florida

Start My Claim (305) 404-8217


Quote Quote

You Only Pay Legal Fees if We Win a Settlement

Neufeld, Kleinberg & Pinkiert, PA handles a variety of personal-injury cases. We understand that you are concerned about getting healthy, getting back to work, paying your bills and of course, being fully compensated for your loss. Contact us to start the path to wholeness from your injury today.

Get Consultation
  • NEVER Pay A Fee Unless We Win Your Case

  • Highly Experienced & Professional Representationur

  • Start Your Claim Off With A FREE Case Evaluation

  • Get Back To NORMAL... As Soon As Possible

Request a Free Consultation

All Consultations Are Free of Charge

This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.

Helping those Injured in Accidents Across Florida

While we are proud to call Miami and Aventura home, we are also more than happy to help injured people living anywhere in the Sunshine State. In fact, we’ve even been known to travel all around the country just to meet our clients’ needs.

We are here to help the residents of:

Recent Articles from the Blog

Portrait of David Kleinberg wearing a stylish hat, exuding confidence and sophistication.

David Kleinberg: The Man in the Hat

Attorney David Kleinberg is an experienced, effective personal injury attorney who lives to do battle for clients in the courtroom. During...

Read More..

Car Accident Attorney: Safe Driving Tips for Florida Roads

6 Tips for Navigating Florida Roads Safely The state of Florida sees 200,000 auto accidents a year, caused by a wide variety of factors....

Read More..

How South Florida’s Traffic Cameras Can Prove Vital in Auto Accident Claims

Florida Red Light Cameras Cameras are everywhere these days. You may or may not be startled at the sheer number cameras that record your...

Read More..

5 Tips For Protecting Your Personal Injury Claim From An ERISA Lien

When you sustain injuries due to someone else’s negligence, it triggers a number of legal rights. You have a right to recover damages...

Read More..

Low Impact Florida Collisions

Have You Suffered an Injury from a Low Impact Car Accident in Florida? It is common knowledge that accidents that occur at high speeds can...

Read More..
Top Rated Personal Injury Lawyers

Empathy and Compassion in Personal Injury Law: Why It Matters for Your Case and Recovery

When you’ve been injured in an accident, the last thing you want is to deal with an unsympathetic or uncompassionate personal injury...

Read More..