MIAMI FLORIDA, LYFT ACCIDENT LAWYER
Neufeld Law Firm Is Proven To Help Victims Get Compensated For Lyft Accidents
With the enormous availability of rideshare services popping up in cities, more and more individuals are opting OUT of owning personal vehicles. As many as 75% of Miami Lyft passengers have stated these services have had a MAJOR impact on their decision to own or lease their own vehicle. With nearly 700,000 registered drivers across 644 cities, it has become an essential service that millions of Americans use and rely on daily.
This is why Miami Lyft accidents are becoming SO COMMON. With transportation laws and policies beingredesigned across the US and the globe, it can be a complicated, constantly-evolving legal process for anyone involved in a Lyft accident — Find an experienced Miami Lyft accident lawyer that can make the claims process simple.
We understand victims can be left with lost wages, medical bills, property damage, and long-lasting pain. Neufeld Law Firm is here to help you get BACK TO NORMAL as soon as possible while getting you the compensation you are entitled to. If you’ve been involved in a Lyft, Uber, or any other type of car accident, choose a team of lawyers that know how to WIN.
What causes a Miami Lyft accident?
Nowadays almost anyone can become a rideshare operator. All that’s required is a car, active insurance, and a valid driver’s license. Although this is a great opportunity for job seekers, it also carries A LOT of risks for both drivers and passengers. It’s especially concerning that some Lyft drivers could have unsafe driving practices. Take a look at some common Lyft accident cases here in Miami:
- Speeding – Lyft drivers are paid based on the jobs that they take, not exactly by the hours that they work. The quicker they can get you to your destination, the quicker they can move on to their next fare.
- Distracted Driving – This one is HUGE for any rideshare operator. Despite the serious repercussions in Miami for getting caught driving distracted, many drivers choose to ignore the rules and put others at risk. The nature of the Lyft app requires that both the driver and the passenger access the platform via a mobile app, so drivers are responsible for ensuring safe hands-free use of their mobile devices while driving.
- Poorly Maintained Vehicle – What many Lyft drivers may not take into account is the cost of maintaining their vehicles. The state of their vehicles is going to deteriorate much quicker if the vehicles are in use all day. Lyft operators are responsible for the upkeep of their vehicles so that they can continue to do their job safely. A poorly maintained vehicle can cause malfunctions in the vehicle putting other road users at risk.
- Driving Under The Influence – Driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol is a very common problem in the US. For individuals that are prone to this behavior, having a job as a Lyft driver with minimal supervision and communication with others, may create a triggering environment for these abuses to take place.
Over 100+ Combined Years
Of Personal Injury Law Experience.
Choose A Team Of Lawyers That Know How To WIN
I’ve been involved in a Lyft accident… Now what?
As a Lyft driver, being in an accident can be even more stressful for you than your passenger, whether you are at fault or not. You are dealing with YOUR VEHICLE and YOUR INJURIES, but still feel responsible for your passenger even after the accident. Always be sure to study your insurance policy to assist in handling these types of situations. As a passenger, it can be VERY confusing never having been in an accident with a rideshare service before. Most people aren’t even sure if they should be contacting Lyft’s insurance company or the Lyft drivers. Victims are bounced back-and-forth between witnesses, Lyft representatives, and insurance agents… it is overwhelming.
1. Call The Police
Whenever you are in an auto accident — Call your local authorities. You will need them to visit the scene of the accident and fill out a police report. If medical attention is required the authorities will get you the additional help you need.
2. Contact A Lyft Representative
After the police have arrived and everyone at the scene is SAFE, you will need to touch base with Lyft to document the accident. The simplest way to reach Lyft is by contacting them through the mobile app.
3. Speak To Your Witnesses
Did anyone else see the accident? Were there any other people involved? If you are having trouble proving your case against an insurance company, witness statements can be highly valuable. A Miami Lyft accident lawyer can refer back to them while building your case, and may even have to contact the witness for further questioning.
4. Record Information At The Scene Of The Accident
This is a great opportunity to utilize the camera on your mobile phone. Take pictures of anything at the scene that may be relevant information for your claim. You can even take pictures of anyone’s insurance info to save you from having to write it down. When trying to prove your claim in court a time-stamped picture can give a judge the final push to award your claim.
5. Speak To A Miami Lyft Accident Lawyer
Now that you’ve properly documented the scene of the accident and everyone is safe, your next phone call should be to an experienced Miami Lyft accident lawyer. Choose the lawyers who have helped hundreds of clients win claims for auto accidents, trucking accidents, rideshare accidents, and personal injuries in Florida.