When you purchase a product you expect it to be safe… but what if it isn’t? From children’s toys and household items to commercially used machinery and equipment — ALL product manufacturers are responsible for protecting consumers from injury. This includes providing safe use instructions for products and ensuring they are free of defects. A knowledgeable Miami product liability lawyer can help get you set on the path to recovery, and getting compensated.
A defective product includes any manufacturing defects, design defects, or improper use instructions that could potentially create dangerous conditions resulting in injury. Although no one party is directly responsible for causing the injuries, the liability for damages could fall on either the seller, the distributor, or the manufacturer depending on the defect.
Dealing with multiple companies, insurers, and representatives in a product liability case can be overwhelming for many victims, especially while recovering from injury. We understand victims can be left with lost wages, medical bills, property damage, and long-lasting pain. Neufeld Law Firm is here to help you get BACK TO NORMAL as soon as possible while getting you the compensation you are entitled to. If you’ve been involved in a product liability accident, premises liability accident, or any other type of personal injury, choose a team of lawyers that know how to WIN.
Common types of product liability injuries
Product liability accidents are generally unique cases that involve individuals or a group of people that have been impacted by a product defect. Once the product manufacturer has been made aware of its defects and its risk to consumers, it MUST make any efforts necessary to repair the defect and prevent any further injuries from occurring. Here are some types of Miami product liability accidents we commonly see:
- Defective Drugs & Medicine – This includes any sort of prescription or non-prescription drugs. Anything from children’s vitamins to heavy pain management medications and
cancer treatment drugs.
- Tools & Equipment – Individuals and companies rely on products every day to complete their jobs. In a commercial or industrial setting, a product malfunction or defect can result
in serious injuries.
- Food & Beverages – Suppliers of food and beverages must conduct constant quality assessments to test for contamination or other defects to prevent injury and illness. They must also provide safe instructions for handling, this can include proper heating instructions for raw foods or even a “Caution Hot” warning label on a cup of hot coffee.
- Vehicles & Accessories – Vehicles are mass-produced, heavily used products, defects are going to happen. Vehicle defects are some of the most commonly seen causes of injury in product liability cases. This also includes accessories to vehicles such as car seats, tires, and airbags.
- Toys, Appliances, & Household Items – Items we use every single day can create a hazardous environment for our family. It could be your child’s first time playing with a new toy, or the one-thousandth meal you’ve made on your stove, defects come in many forms.
Over 100+ Combined Years
Of Personal Injury Law Experience.
Choose A Team Of Lawyers That Know How To WIN
Who is responsible for a product liability injury?
Depending on the situation, a thorough investigation will likely have to be conducted to determine the cause of the accident and if there were any “underlying defects” that many have been present at the time of purchase. Throughout the product’s manufacturing and distribution process, there are one or more parties that can potentially be held responsible for a victim’s injuries:
- The wholesaler or retail store where the product was purchased.
- The manufacturer of components or the complete product.
- Any party involved in parts of the assembly process, or installation.
- Parties involved in the distribution or transportation process.
What are the next steps when someone is injured in a product liability accident?
Many victims of product liability accidents are unsure of what to do, or where to even start when considering making a claim for compensation. There are multiple insurance representatives and different companies that you may have to communicate with. It’s an exhausting process, on top of trying to focus on recovery so that you can get back to normal and take care of your family. If you’ve been involved in a Miami product liability accident follow these steps:
1. Seek Medical Attention
The first thing you should do in an accident is to seek medical attention. If your injuries are severe or there is property damage sustained contact the local emergency services. Even if injuries are minor, they should be reported to your doctor. This can assist your Miami product liability lawyer in building your case, it will also help protect you in the future if injuries worsen.
2. Gather Information
Once it is safe to do so, you must record as much information as you can from the accident. When trying to point the cause of an accident to a defective product, documented information is essential. Speak to any witnesses that may have seen the accident and get written statements with their contact information. Take pictures of everything involved in the accident, the scene, any injuries, the potential product defect if possible. If police are involved be sure to take down the officer’s name and badge number to easily obtain your copy of the police report after the accident.
3. Speak To A Miami Product Liability Lawyer
Although these cases are often complicated by the number of parties involved, this also improves your opportunities for getting the compensation you are entitled to for your injuries. Contact an experienced Miami product liability lawyer to strongly represent you so that you can focus on your recovery and your family. Choose the lawyers who have helped hundreds of clients win claims for auto accidents, premises liability, wrongful deaths, and personal injuries in Florida.