Most people do not think about hiring a lawyer until they need one. When it comes time to hire one, it isn’t always clear what kind of lawyer you need. If you’ve been injured in an accident that was the result of someone else’s reckless or careless actions, the type of lawyer you will need is a Dania Beach personal injury lawyer.
What Accidents Can a Dania Beach Personal Injury Lawyer Help Me With?
A Dania Beach personal injury lawyer is a type of attorney who assists individuals who have been injured to obtain compensation for the expenses and quality-of-life impacts they incurred as a result of the injury. This process for obtaining compensation is known as a personal injury claim, or personal injury lawsuit. The type of accidents that commonly give rise to personal injury claims are:
- Motor vehicle accidents, including those that involve passenger cars, motorcycles, commercial trucks, buses, bicycles, pedestrians, aircraft, or watercraft.
- Premises liability accidents, including slip and fall accidents, dog bites, swimming pool accidents, fire or flooding, elevator or escalator accidents, and injuries resulting from the failure to provide adequate security.
- Product liability injuries, which result from a defective product. Products commonly involved in personal injury cases include foods, medications, auto parts, appliances, children’s toys or furniture, and pesticides.
- Medical malpractice cases, which involve an injury to a patient as a result of an error made by a medical provider.
What are the Most Common Injuries?
Nearly any type of injury can be the subject of a personal injury lawsuit, if it results in economic loss and psychological impacts. It is common for us to work with clients who have suffered injuries such as:
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Spinal cord injuries
- Damage to the spinal vertebrae or discs
- Internal injuries
- Limb amputations
- Broken bones
- Mental health conditions as a result of the trauma of the accident.
There is another type of case that falls under the umbrella of personal injury, known as a wrongful death lawsuit. This type of claim allows a personal representative of the estate of an individual who died as a result of injuries incurred in an accident caused by someone else’s carelessness or recklessness to seek compensation for losses on behalf of the deceased’s family and his or her estate.
Do I Need a Dania Beach Personal Injury Lawyer?
You need a Dania Beach personal injury lawyer if:
- You were injured in or near Dania Beach as a result of someone else’s recklessness or carelessness.
- Your injuries are significant enough to result in medical expenses, lost income, and psychological impacts such as pain and suffering.
- If you were injured in a car accident, your expenses have exceeded the limits of your personal injury protection (PIP) policy or have satisfied Florida’s serious injury threshold, which includes injuries that result in a significant and permanent loss of an important bodily function; a permanent injury to a reasonable degree of medical probability; significant and permanent scarring or disfigurement; or death.
- You need answers to the legal questions you have about your eligibility to file a personal injury or wrongful death claim.
What Does the Personal Injury Process Look Like in Dania Beach?
While every case is unique in its facts and resolution, here are the steps you can expect in the personal injury process in Dania Beach.
1. Hire an Attorney
Be sure to hire an attorney licensed to practice law in Dania Beach and who has ample experience with cases like yours.
2. Collect Evidence
You will need to prove not only how the accident occurred, but also show the expenses and impacts you are seeking to be compensated for. The type of evidence necessary to prove a personal injury claim often includes police reports, photos from the accident scene, documentation about the injuries sustained and the treatments received, and bills for services.
3. Demand for Settlement
Nearly all personal injury settlements and awards are paid by the at-fault party’s applicable insurance policy, such as an auto policy or a homeowner’s, renter’s, or commercial liability policy. Because of this, your attorney will send your demand to settlement to the at-fault party’s insurance provider. This typically begins settlement negotiations.
4. File Injury Lawsuit
If negotiations fail to produce a fair settlement offer, your attorney will file a legal claim in civil court against the at-fault party, along with his or her insurance provider for payment on the claim.
5. Discovery Phase
After the lawsuit is filed, your attorney will continue settlement negotiations, but will also begin preparing for trial, including requesting access to documentation held by the defendant as well as witness testimony through depositions.
Florida courts are often overburdened, and litigation is expensive for all parties involved. Because of this, before the case goes to trial, the parties will often meet for court-ordered mediation in an attempt to iron out a settlement agreement.
While most personal injury cases are resolved before trial, if your case does wind up in court, your attorney will provide litigation services such as:
- Delivering opening and closing arguments
- Presenting evidence
- Examining witnesses
Top-Rated Dania Beach Personal Injury Lawyer Near You
Let an experienced Dania Beach personal injury lawyer help you make sense of the legal process involved in obtaining compensation for your injuries.
Contact us today to schedule a consultation.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is it worth getting a Dania Beach personal injury lawyer?
Yes, it is always worth it to at least have a consultation with a Dania Beach personal injury lawyer if you have been injured due to someone else’s negligence or intentional actions. Personal injury law is complicated, and pursuing a claim is not something that should be done on your own. Working with an experienced Dania Beach personal injury lawyer will give you the best possible chance at getting the full amount of compensation you truly deserve.
What questions should I ask a Dania Beach personal injury lawyer?
Hiring a Dania Beach personal injury lawyer to represent you is an important decision. You want to make sure they are a good fit for you, and that they have the knowledge and experience necessary to be successful in your case. Here are a few questions you can ask a Dania Beach personal injury lawyer when you first talk with them:
- What is your honest opinion of my case?
- Have you ever represented someone in a case similar to mine? What was the outcome?
- How long have you been practicing personal injury law in Dania Beach?
- Who will I communicate with throughout the process?
- Based on what you know about my case, how long would you estimate it might take to get resolved?
- How do you assess your fees?
What falls under personal injury law?
In general, personal injury law covers anyone who was injured due to the negligence (or sometimes even intentional or reckless) actions of someone else. Some examples include car accidents, motorcycle accidents, dog bites, product liability, and medical malpractice.
Finding The Best Dania Beach Personal Injury Lawyer
Serving all of the beautiful southern and central Florida areas, we have won over $100,000,000 in jury verdicts and settlements for our injured clients. Neufeld Law Firm now has over 100+ combined years of personal injury law experience. Our Dania Beach personal injury lawyers are highly experienced and will help you win FULL & FAIR COMPENSATION for your and your injuries. We want to help you focus on getting healthy, getting back to work, paying your bills, and most importantly, being compensated! — Be STRONG with Neufeld Law.
- NEVER Pay A Fee Until We Win Your Case
- Highly Experienced & Professional Representation
- Start Your Claim Off With A FREE Case Evaluation
- Get Back To NORMAL — As Soon As Possible!
Pursue Maximum Compensation For Your Injury Today!
Contact Us To Book Your FREE Consultation