There are a number of rideshare companies that operate in the Miami area. Lyft, Uber, and iRyde are three of the most popular. However, there are new rideshare companies popping up all the time. If you were injured while using a rideshare service, our Miami rideshare accident lawyers can help you understand your legal rights.
The best way to know if you have a legal case is to speak with an attorney. Contact us today to schedule your free consultation.
HAVE YOU BEEN INJURED IN A RIDESHARE ACCIDENT IN MIAMI?
Rideshare services are a hassle-free way to get around Miami. You can schedule a ride with just a few taps on your smartphone. And, you can’t beat the convenience of getting dropped off or picked up right at the door. You avoid parking fees and time spent trying to find a parking spot.
Most rideshare trips are uneventful. But what should have been an ordinary day for you turned into a nightmare. You were hurt when your rideshare was in a car crash. And now, you wonder how you should proceed.
The Miami rideshare accident lawyers at Neufeld Law Firm are here to help. You may qualify for a personal injury settlement that
would cover your medical expenses, any damage to personal property, and the pain and suffering that you experience.
COMMON TYPES OF RIDESHARE ACCIDENT INJURIES
- Often, vehicle occupants will instinctively brace themselves before a collision. As a result, broken wrist or hand bones are common.
- Whiplash is a soft tissue injury of the neck. When a vehicle suddenly accelerates or decelerates, a person’s neck may snap forward or backward.
- A TBI can be a life-changing injury. Some people with TBIs experience mood and personality changes, and struggle with memory. Those with a severe TBI may require around-the-clock care.
It is difficult to account for every injury that could occur in a rideshare accident. Please give us a call to discuss the specifics of your case.
WHO IS RESPONSIBLE FOR A RIDESHARE ACCIDENT INJURY?
In a motor vehicle accident, it is necessary to determine if anyone acted negligently. But when it comes to who is financially responsible for a rideshare accident injury, there is no one straightforward answer. While traditional taxi drivers are usually considered to be employees, rideshare drivers are often independent contractors.
Each rideshare company may set its own rules and guidelines for who is responsible when an accident occurs. To further complicate matters, these details could affect liability:
- Was the driver logged into the rideshare app and officially on the clock?
- Is the injured party a rideshare passenger, the occupant of another vehicle, or a pedestrian?
- Is the driver properly insured, both according to Florida’s laws and any regulations the rideshare company has in place?
An accident that involves a rideshare driver can be much different than an ordinary crash. You need an attorney who will protect your rights and help you understand the legal process.
Over 100+ Combined Years
Of Personal Injury Law Experience.
Choose A Team Of Lawyers That Know How To WIN
WHAT ARE THE NEXT STEPS WHEN SOMEONE IS INJURED IN A RIDESHARE ACCIDENT?
After any motor vehicle accident, there are certain steps you should take.
- Prioritize everyone’s health and safety. See if anyone needs immediate medical attention. Call for an ambulance, if needed.
- Exchange contact information. You’ll want to write down the name, license plate number, and insurance company for each driver involved in the accident.
- Call the police. If you don’t have to call 911 for an ambulance, you should call the police so you can file an accident report.
- Collect evidence. Take photos of the accident scene. If there were eyewitnesses, get their name and contact information.
- Contact a Miami rideshare accident attorney. When a rideshare driver is involved, it adds a layer of complexity for everyone. Our attorneys can help you make sense of this complicated
situation. When you hire a lawyer to represent you, they negotiate with the insurance company and rideshare company on your behalf. That gives you a chance to recover from your injuries.
FINDING THE BEST MIAMI RIDESHARE ACCIDENT LAWYER
There are countless personal injury law firms in the Miami area. However, not all have experience with the complexities of rideshare accidents.
Many personal injury attorneys offer a free, no-obligation consultation. This is your opportunity to ask questions. Before you hire a lawyer to handle your Miami rideshare accident, consider asking them these questions:
- How many rideshare accident cases do you handle?
- Are you familiar with the rideshare company that was involved in my accident?
- How can you help me?
When you hire an attorney, you should feel confident that they can handle your case.